Atlanta GA 30322

California Roundtable on Philosophy and Race
All sessions will be held at Emory Conference Center Hotel

Friday, September 16, 2016
Abbreviated Program

Moderator: Mickaella Perina, University of Massachusetts, Boston
10:00 am Lisa McLeod, Guilford College, “Battling My White Self: Yancy and the System of White Supremacy”
11:00 am David S. Owen, University of Louisville “The Worldmaking Function of Whiteness”

Moderator: Lynne Huffer, Emory University
11:30 am Marzia Milazzo, Vanderbilt University/Rhodes University, “Turning Hearts: Colorblind Habits of Philosophy”
12:30 am Michael Eng, “Narcissism, Affect, and Institutional Racism”

Moderator: Taina Figueroa, Emory University
2:00 pm Desirée Valentine, Pennsylvania State University,“Mixed Race and Liberatory Futurity: Orientations Without Objectives”
3:00 pm Derefe Kimarley Chevannes, University of Connecticut,
“Decolonizing Black Subjectivity: Movements from Problematicity Toward Horizons”

4:30-6 pm Moderator: Falguni Sheth, Emory University
Keynote:  Ania Loomba, University of Pennsylvania “What Caste Can Teach Us about Racial Ideologies”

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Moderator: Taryn Jordan, Emory University
10:00 am  Surya Parekh, Binghamton University, “Teaching “Racist” Texts”
11:00 am Shannon Winnubst, Ohio State University, “Decolonizing The Human: The Ontology of Race and Mind-Blowing Racism”

Moderator: George Yancy, Emory University
1:30 pm Albert Mosley, Smith College, “Narratives On The Ethics of Living Jim Crow”
2:30 pm: Mukasa Mubirumusoke, Emory University

Moderator: Sybol Anderson, St. Mary’s College of Maryland
4:00 pm Lori Gallegos de Castillo, Assistant Professor, Texas State University “Social Inequality and the Inhibition of Perspective-Taking”
5:00: Paul Taylor, Pennsylvania State University, “What is Philosophical Race Theory?”

For more details and to register, please go to www.caroundtable.org
.