Ironically, we may owe a tipping of the balance toward such recognition to Trump, don’t you think?  He has made women’s bodies, looks, femininity as he judges them a serious topic that cannot be dismissed as “over-sensitivity” or anything other than a profound issue of safety, respect, justice.  Sandy’s superb and telling work is then extremely newsworthy, and a way for the Times and other establishment icons to show that they are enlilghtened anti-Trumps.

She helped lay the groundwork for there to be thoughtful, and outraged, reactions where before there would have been neither, and will now be read anew, and be again illuminating and useful.

Elizabeth Minnich