Hi, folks.

In the event it proves useful for anyone, I thought I would share here the Solidarity and Activism Starter Kit that our Women's Studies program put together.

We had an on-campus forum yesterday for students, faculty, and staff to express their concerns and anxieties, and not be so alone, post-election (many of our WMST minors requested this because they feel surrounded by people who don't get it and need to know someone does, and has their back).  We had a variety of folks with a lot of concerns from different and overlapping group memberships come to speak out. Knowing this would be emotional, and wanting there to be something folks could take away with them if it inspired the urge to Do The Work, we produced the attached guide, which can also be found at https://siuewmst.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/solidarity-and-activism-starter-kit/?iframe=true&theme_preview=true.

I hope it proves useful to someone. It is NOT meant to be exhaustive. It is, indeed, just meant to be a starter kit that can help people enagage better in the just pursuit of justice. It no doubt has flaws that a few days and many people of careful revision didn't catch.  But maybe it's a start for some folks.  If you have comments and want to share them, feel free to leave them at the blog entry on the above link so that other folks can see concerns or things you'd like added, etc.

Best,

  Alison

Alison Reiheld
Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy
Director, Women's Studies Program
College of Arts and Sciences
Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
https://siue.academia.edu/AlisonReiheld