Dear All,
Our Department is hiring a Three-Year Lecturer<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__careers.utrgv.edu_postings_12932&d=CwIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=pjnF2ZI3VkizJSk5eQSPwyoXzj3jITQPpHigNwv86O0&s=RMK4_p8cIkUb9gqLWqIpDe0mtFJZS1yha_Sqcsjdu2I&e= > to start in August of 2017.  The AOS/AOC are open and we are seeking as diverse a pool of applicants and areas of specialization as possible.  The description and a link to the site are pasted below.  Please share with your colleagues, graduates, and soon to be graduating students.  Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you,
Cynthia Paccacerqua

Rank: Full-Time, three-year lecturer in Philosophy with the possibility of reappointment and promotion. We seek a candidate, Ph.D. in hand, whose teaching is organic to their philosophical life, would complement the Department faculty, and contribute in our efforts to grow our small Religious Studies program and enrich our Philosophy curriculum. This is primarily a teaching position. The ideal candidate will have experience in, or demonstrate the potential for, innovative, engaged, praxis-oriented pedagogies. Because of the characteristics of UTRGV’s student body – diverse, yet largely Mexican American, many first generation with college access, and/or bilingual – and the unique borderland community culture that UTRGVserves, we are particularly interested in candidates with the pedagogical skills to bridge the multiple philosophical and religious traditions taught in the classroom with students’ lived experiences and worldviews. The candidate will be expected to teach lower division courses in both Religious Studies (e.g., Introduction to Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) and Philosophy (e.g., Critical Thinking and Ethics, Happiness and the Good Life). A Ph.D. in Philosophy or related field from an accredited university is required prior to start date of fall 2017.

UTRGV has 11 colleges and schools that offer 61 baccalaureate degrees, 50 master’s degrees, and 4 doctorates in the liberal arts, fine arts, education, sciences, business and entrepreneurship, engineering and computer science, and health affairs. The university has nearly 30,000 students enrolled in its graduate and undergraduate programs and it opened a medical school in 2016. UTRGV is located in one of the fastest growing regions of the United States. The department is seeking candidates who are committed to UTRGV’s guiding principles, which include promoting access to postsecondary education to a diverse student body and to become one of the largest and most successful Hispanic-serving emerging research institutions in the U.S.A. The department is seeking high quality faculty members who will pursue global excellence in teaching, research, and service, including applied and translational research to address critical local, state, national, and global needs and providing a leadership role in fostering economic and community partnerships to help solve local, state, national, and global problems.

Link<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__careers.utrgv.edu_postings_12932&d=CwIGaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=Oo4TCJF8pXcsWPDC7Sy8bdP2IJ6ZbST0v2xdYtuNH80&m=pjnF2ZI3VkizJSk5eQSPwyoXzj3jITQPpHigNwv86O0&s=RMK4_p8cIkUb9gqLWqIpDe0mtFJZS1yha_Sqcsjdu2I&e= >

Cynthia M. Paccacerqua, PhD
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Department of Philosophy
Affiliate Faculty Mexican American Studies
College of Liberal Arts

Office:  ARHU 357

Address:
Department of Philosophy
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg Texas, 78539

UTRGV
The University of Texas
 Rio Grande Valley

Brownsville •  Edinburg •  Harlingen

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message and any attachments hereto is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipients. This message and any attachments hereto may constitute an attorney-client communication, and as such are privileged and confidential.  This message may also contain confidential student information.  If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments hereto is strictly prohibited under the Federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. 1232 G, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).  If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately.