John,

You misrepresent the objectives of #RhodesMustFall in Oxford. Yet, you have a responsibility (both as a citizen and as a trained researcher) to educate yourself, prior to engaging in public discourse.

I suspect that you have satisfied yourself, hitherto, with listening only to the misrepresentation of #RhodesMustFall in the mainstream media. However, that is unsatisfactory. You should listen to the students themselves:
• #RhodesMustFall in Oxford: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__rmfoxford.wordpress.com_&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=cjDzNy6pbEdheAgo_n8cdTHj_86Gp9bOK9u25_TA7eU&e=
• Princess: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__soundcloud.com_princess-2Dashilokun_ignorance-2Dmust-2Dfall&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=HcnwMdKK1Gjs9s5x4wjVA44tlxOexhjYNIcch3aNLt8&e=
• André: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__youtu.be_Rr6OvV3vx4g&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=Ez4J1kdli84VeluIx3KC5dcMHCLf4qbZCxYCYlo9R_o&e=
• Femi: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_dbbwFBfq-2Dy0&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=OWJLx-aOgcGtA9kzc97cR1eDtkIPCokzi-_h-An5SV0&e=  & https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__youtu.be_ZkPfqh8uYxc&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=F0lqkJ_OIkLPSS8yyoLHOnZi3EeKPybrYI2aGJKmHko&e=
• Dalia & Ashok: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.epw.in_journal_2016_9_web-2Dexclusives_atoning-2Dpresent.html&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=QGFQ5XIwknexJrdPdIm09TpgF4472jb-HQfkLdNn9VE&e=
• Chi Chi & Dalia: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__discoversociety.org_2015_12_01_the-2Dviolence-2Dof-2Dliberalspeak-2Deulogizing-2Dcecil-2Drhodes-2Dthe-2Dbusinessman-2Dand-2Dmunificent-2Dbenefactor_&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=7jytbbq_ruei8DSkqi_FFG2zLXLxJhnyUZnRLNiQDfI&e=
• Aisha, Georgia, & Dauda: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__qmpanafricansoc.wordpress.com_2016_08_26_what-2Dleopoldmustfallqm-2Dtells-2Dus-2Dabout-2Dthe-2Dcurrent-2Dstate-2Dof-2Duk-2Dacademia-2Dand-2Dwhat-2Dis-2Dto-2Dbe-2Ddone-2Dby-2Dstudent-2Dled-2Ddecolonial-2Dmovements-2Dgoing-2Dforward_&d=CwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=vnawy6CdZLTrfKcY4r9D3LfK9ht37y43tRSC-pbWxK8&s=pG9OKsn4VfiN1ju1D-gjs4ZAK-eKORWsARdYts1fDPI&e=

Use these resources, revise your arguments accordingly, and then (and only then) will it be worth my while to engage with you in public discourse.

natcphd
How PHILOSOPHY Was Whitewashed
Why Is My CURRICULUM White? (We Inherited Galton)
Why Is The UNIVERSITY Still White?—What Is Blackstudies?