I should caution that this is something people must choose for themselves to take on.

If I were to get on the list and be placed there by a disgruntled student, fair enough. But I have two young children who share my last name, a last name that is quite rare, and I would not ever ever ever deliberately put myself on that list.

There are research topics I have decided not to engage on because of this in the past (open critiques of MRAs, for instance, who have a history of showing up at feminists' kids' schools with signs saying things like "X hates men"). This is one of those cases. The people who follow these lists are the people who already send Yancy racialized death threats.

But people who are less vulnerable or who are willing to take on that vulnerability for themselves alone or who have adult children may well get a lot of mileage out of confounding the list in these kinds of ways.  "I am Spartacus", eh?

Best,

  Alison

Alison Reiheld
Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy
Director, Women's Studies Program
College of Arts and Sciences
Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
https://siue.academia.edu/AlisonReiheld