---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Trina Nussbaum - Center for Interfaith Engagement <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:15 AM
Subject: A way to support our Muslim neighbors this Friday, Feb. 3rd
To: [log in to unmask]

From our friends at Rocktown Rallies (a Harrisonburg-based group that advocates for and supports refugees http://www.rocktownrallies.org/ ) and the Church World Service Harrisonburg Refugee Resettlement Office:

“Can people please spread the word that the community, in show of support to our Muslim neighbors, can bring 'to go' type lunches that don't contain pork or gelatin to the Islamic Center of the Shenandoah Valley (IASV) between 12:00-2:00pm this Friday, Feb. 3. The Islamic Center address is 1330 Country Club Rd, Harrisonburg, VA 22802.

Volunteers will collect the food at IASV and have it ready for people leaving the prayer service to take with them as they return to work.

People could also bring bigger dishes to share. Then some people can grab a bag and run to work, others could go through a buffet line with 'to go' boxes and decide to take the food with them or eat it at the mosque.

People can contact Rebecca Sprague, CWS Harrisonburg Refugee Resettlement Office, http://cwsharrisonburg.org/  (540) 433-7942, with questions.

We also need volunteers to help with food, 'to go' type containers, forks and bottled water/beverages. Thanks everyone!”

___________________

We continue to be very grateful for the faith communities in this area, and we are called to love our neighbors as ourselves.

Blessings,

Trina

Trina Trotter Nussbaum
Interim Director
Center for Interfaith Engagement
Eastern Mennonite University
(540) 432-4674
www.emu.edu/interfaith/
Facebook: Center for Interfaith Engagement at EMU

Twitter: @CIE_EMU

[EMU Logo]

--
Ehsan Ahmed