UCU - Remaking universities in times of hatred: SOAS

Remaking universities in times of hatred

A meeting to mark UCU Day of Action against Workplace Racism - open to staff, students and all those committed to challenging racism

A meeting to mark UCU Day of Action against Workplace Racism - open to staff, students and all those committed to challenging racism

SOAS, Room - DLT,  Russell Square
Wednesday 8th February  -  4pm to 6pm

  • What can we do to combat the increasing racism of these frightening times?
  • What can we do to support colleagues in the US?
  • What impact do Trump's plans have for us?

Campaigns to decolonise the university have ignited across campuses in the UK and beyond. At the same time, students and university staff have come together to highlight and challenge racism on campuses, including racist employment practices. Now we must strengthen these alliances to fight the onslaught of a reinvigorated global racism led by the Trump regime. This event is an opportunity to come together to share tactics and devise shared actions.

The meeting will include contributions from:

Professor Xolela Mangcu, University of Cape Town
Hannah Dualeh, NUS Black Students' Campaign
Yinbo Yu, NUS International Students Committee and TrumptheBan
UCU Black Members' Standing Committee

natcphd
  1. How PHILOSOPHY Was Whitewashed
  2. Why Is My CURRICULUM White? (We Inherited Galton)
  3. Why Is The UNIVERSITY Still White?What Is Blackstudies?