I read through the entire letter and was genuinely dismayed to find no mention of race whatsoever. Not only can black womenбпs feelings and experiences be disregarded in an article, but apparently their outrage about that article does not even merit counter-outrage. I find myself wondering, is it better to be discursively attacked or discursively ignored?

Camisha

From: Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of "Veltman, Andrea - veltmaal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 8:39 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fw: open letter

Hi all,

Julian Vigo ([log in to unmask]) asked me to forward the following message to the FEAST listserv.

Best wishes,

Andrea

______________________________________

Dr. Andrea Veltman
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Department of Philosophy & Religion
James Madison University
MSC 8006
Harrisonburg, VA  22807
Office phone: 540-568-4236

My latest book,
Meaningful Work, is recently published by Oxford University Press:

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/meaningful-work-9780190618179?cc=us&lang=en&