I never saw the first letter as an attack on Tuvel.  I saw it as a critique of the review process at Hypatia.  It is common for an article submitted to a journal to contain flaws that are meant to be addressed by the review process.  Tuvel's article is no different than countless other articles in this respect.  There is no faulting Tuvel for writing such an article, and I don't think any of the signatories to the first letter were taking issue with Tuvel.  From what I could tell, the signatories were taking issue with a review process that (1) did not adequately identify appropriate reviewers, or (2) ground review in scholarship written by persons of color and trans scholars on the philosophy of race/critical race theory and trans studies.  So, at least from my perspective, since there was no attack on Tuvel, no defense of Tuvel is needed, and any letter defending her is perpetuating a conflict that never existed.

Tina Botts
Cal State Fresno