Print

Print


Core Values judging is less structured than Project judging.  As long as
the team is prepared to have their song count as part of their 10-minute
judging session, they can sing it as they enter.

Asking permission first just takes more time off the clock ;-)

Steve

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Saritha Soma <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Quick question on the Core Values Judging.
> Can the kids walk into judging and sing their theme song, I see first 5
> minutes is set to activity or should they ask the judge first and hold off
> singing their intro song at the second half?
>
> This is our rookie year, appreciate any thoughts/guidance.
>
> Thanks,
> Saritha Soma
> Team Activators #31464
>
> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Scott Rakestraw <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> Below is guidance given to judges regarding judging format. I am sharing
>> it with teams so teams know what to expect in judging.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Core Values Judging Format*
>>
>> Core Values Poster is optional in the VA-DC region. A Core Values Poster
>> is encouraged as it provides a conversation guide for both rookie and
>> experienced teams.
>>
>>
>>
>> 1.           ~ 5 minutes – Teamwork Activity: When your team enters the
>> judging room, they will be given a short, fun activity while the Judges
>> observe how the team works together.  Team introductions should be
>> extremely brief.
>>
>>
>>
>> 2.           ~ 5 minutes – Questions and Answers: Time reserved for the
>> Core Values Judges to ask questions about the Teamwork Activity, your
>> displayed Core Values Poster and the season.  Core Values Posters are
>> optional in VA-DC.   Teams with posters and team without posters should be
>> weighted equally.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Project Judging Format*
>>
>>
>>
>> 1.           5 minutes – Project Presentation: When your team enters the
>> judging room, they will have 5 minutes to present their project. All setup
>> is included in the 5 minutes and no adults should help with setup.  Team
>> introductions should be extremely brief.
>>
>>
>>
>> 2.           5 minutes – Questions and Answers: Judges will ask
>> questions related to the Project Rubric.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Robot Design Judging Format*
>>
>> A Robot Design Executive Summary (RDES) is optional in our region. RDES
>> is encouraged as it provides a conversation guide for both rookie and
>> experienced teams.
>>
>>
>>
>> 1.           ~ 4 minutes – Robot Presentation and Trial Run: When the
>> team enters the judging room, they should be prepared to present their
>> robot and conduct one trial run.  Team introductions should be extremely
>> brief.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Robot Presentation (Verbal or written)*
>>
>> The robot presentation should cover the following:
>>
>> a.           Robot Facts
>>
>> b.           Design Details (Fun, Strategy, Design Process)
>>
>> c.            Mechanical Design
>>
>> d.           Programming
>>
>> e.           Innovation
>>
>>
>>
>> *Trial Run*
>>
>> Run the robot briefly to demonstrate how it completes the mission(s) of
>> the team’s choice. Please do not do an entire robot round.
>>
>>
>>
>> 2.           ~ 6 minutes – Questions and Answers: Judges will ask
>> questions related to the Robot Design Rubric. It is highly recommended each
>> team have a means of showing some programming.
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Scott Rakestraw
>>
>> VA-DC Judge Advisor
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
>> https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or
>> leave the list".
>> VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via
>> VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archi
>> ves/vadcfll-announcements-l.html to subscribe.
>
>
> ------------------------------
> To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
> https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or
> leave the list".
> VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L.
> Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-announcements-l.html to
> subscribe.
>

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".

-- VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-ANNOUNCEMENTS-l.html to subscribe.