Jason,

  I think you are right about Skinner. Certainly, early/classic Watson behaviorism seems mechanistic to me. And Skinner started there, but his radical behaviorism is much more contextual. It is an interesting question to see whether most paradigms (in psychology or for that matter, outside of it) would fall clearly into one of Pepper’s camps. If yes, then that would be a nod to their validity/utility. If not, then it raises questions, either about Pepper’s formulation or, conversely, the depth/coherence of the paradigms.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of nysa71
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Stephen Pepper's "World Hypotheses"

Steve,

Or to put it more succinctly, using your terminology:

______ school of psychology (or X psychologist) appears/appeared to be "playing the psychology game" by ______ metaphysical "rules".

And for the second "blank", I'm inquiring specifically for examples of Immanent Formism, Transcendent Formism, Discrete Mechanism, and Consolidated Mechanism.

~ Jason B.