I think the complication Jason resides in the validity of “type.”

I think psychologists are reluctant to classify people as different types, because so much of the kinds of entities that are individual difference markers are dimensional rather than discrete.

However, people have played around with this, although not super popular. For example, folks will sometimes place two traits on an x and y axis, giving rise to four boxes. For example, some done this with the traits Extraversion and Neuroticism, and called it trait well-being.

Hi Ex Lo Ne is Happy, Easygoing, relaxed

Hi N Lo E is Defensive, Sensitive, Distressed

Hi E Hi N is Emotional, Engaged, Reactive

Lo E Lo N is Even keeled, Unreactive

In terms of the unified theory, I do emphasize the “Self Quadrant” as a different kind of type than the “Other Quadrant”