Hi TOK List,

  Back in October I submitted the attached manuscript, Intersubjective Mental Behaviorism to the journal Behavior and Philosophy. I had shared it on the list previously. I learned today it was strongly rejected. Attached are the reviews, which I share to give folks a flavor of how many scholars react to the vision.

Here are some interesting quotes:

Reviewer #1
I dislike this manuscript intensely and I excoriate it page by page below. … If he meant to write for a preteen audience he submitted to the wrong journal.

Review #2

The only thing that one can be sure of in the end is that the much ballyhooed ToK scheme depicts science as a hierarchy of organizational levels, like numerous other similar schemase.g., that of EO Wilson, or, to mention the first one, that of Augusta Comte. In short, the piece is neither penetrating nor original. So, I do not recommend publication.

Reviewer #3

The absence of all this (background review) from the manuscript suggests a lack of awareness on the author’s part about a very extensive, rich research field that bears directly on his ideas but makes them pale in scope, rigor, technical detail, and erudition. The vastness of this field makes this manuscript look superficial and naive.

To the doctoral students on this list, I share this to let you know the review game can be pretty brutal.

To the general list, I think this provides a good prompt for thinking about justification systems and the academy.

Welcome thoughts and feedback if anyone has them.