Gregg,

Thank you for sharing this!

The couples work with which I am engaged definitely calls for a deep conceptualization of sexual intimacy and your blog, as inspired by Dr. Kleinplatz's work, is a lovely place to start.

I could envision reviewing your article with couples and wondering with them about what pieces of their sexual relationship are captured in your writing and what elements could be enhanced. Neato!

I'll be looking to reach out to Dr. Kleinplatz for further conversation. Thanks for her contact info.

As a lingering question...I wonder if these eight key ingredients are the same for couples within the LGBTQ+ community or if there exists some variation? I'm doing couples therapy with two female, same-gender partnerships and the stressors they experience as a dyad are both similar and notably different than heterosexual couples.

Warmly,

Ali

Alexis (Ali) Kenny, M.A.

Pronouns: Please feel free to ask!

Clinical and School Psychology Doctoral Candidate

Division 52 - International Psychology: Membership Committee, Co-Chair

James Madison University - Harrisonburg, VA