Strong words, Jason. I have looked into Peterson quite deeply. Although I do not agree with his worldview (it is far too Jungian/dark Christian/Western White Male for my take), he is hardly a fraud. His scientific work on the Big Five Personality facets is good, he lectures very well and demonstrates excellent knowledge of philosophy, he moves and inspires people. His Maps of Meaning book starts with a deep articulation of the basic structure of human psychology. Indeed, he has far more intellectual depth and integrity than a lot of the extreme identity politic left out there.

What makes you think he is a fraud or an awful human being?

From: tree of knowledge system discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of nysa71
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2018 10:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Jordan Peterson (again)

Steve,

I love it! It pretty much confirms what I suspected about Peterson....that he's an intellectual fraud. And probably an awful human being, as well.

~ Jason Bessey
On Saturday, May 19, 2018, 10:03:06 PM EDT, Steven Quackenbush <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Those ToK list serve members with an interest in Jordan Peterson might enjoy Seth Abramson's recent twitter thread exploring the cultural significance of the "Jordan Peterson" phenomenon:   https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/997980968886644736<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_SethAbramson_status_997980968886644736&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=yfn0_vJxE90Rt5MYGKSZx5sY4KG9gsdAWdFfncSexjQ&s=RDe8OWAZXA618jEZAf3GsrVplYxeKxDC2JgC5uSV8u4&e=>

At the time of my writing, Seth is still constructing his thread.  Here are a few excerpts (from the most recent tweets):

  *   Tweet 62:  "...Peterson offers a dead end that lives more in 1318 than 2018..."

  *   Tweet 64:  "...I fear the choice in America over the next few years will be between embracing a multiversal, five-dimensional post-postmodernism or being stuck—forced to eat—tired, one-dimensional, fundamentally fascist pap that looked new for a second."

  *   Tweet 69: "My advice (and view): it's okay to agree with Peterson on the first 1% of his worldview—that postmodernism must eventually be supplanted. But the key is to note that what Peterson wants to supplant it with would already have seemed passé by 1690. It's a *total joke* in 2018."
~ Steve Q.