Gregg,

Yes, I saw that in your slides. It made me wonder if there could be some correlations with the Matter dimension.

Perhaps "natural selection" could be divided between "positive selection" (corresponding with "Life") and "negative selection" (corresponding with "Matter"), since the latter is a selective removal of alleles that are deleterious, (which could also correspond with the death instinct).

~ Jason Bessey
On Thursday, May 17, 2018, 12:58:11 PM EDT, Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I like that connection, Jason. Here is a graphic that does link the three layers of the Freud model to the ToK and corresponds them to Skinner’s three tiers of selection:

m: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of nysa71
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Personality Class 2

Gregg and Tokers,

As I've been thinking about it, I was wondering if the "life instinct" could be thought of as the "Id" (which I think goes along with what Freud was originally thinking of with the id), and the "death instinct" be the "Sub-Id".

The "Sub-Id" could correspond with the "Matter dimension" on the ToK, (i.e., the "non-life" dimension)

Super-Ego --- Culture
Ego ------------ Mind
Sub-Id --------- Matter

Just having a little fun here. Emoji