Hi List,

  First, let me say thanks to Waldemar for his work elaborating on Nancy’s questions. I think this is a great topic for our society. I plan on chiming in soon, but have found myself significantly busier than usual. We had finals/graduation this past week, had some company over the weekend, and, instead of having a week off between Spring and Summer, this year, we are straight into summer (which I am not a fan of at this point in the game).

  Switching gears, I thought this article on the “Intellectual Dark Web” was very interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/opinion/intellectual-dark-web.html

  One element about it is that it suggests that people are “starving for debate” about these ideas. I think we can nourish those feeling famished along these lines.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge