Thank you, Gregg.  I book marked this one for reference.

I appreciated the note in parentheses about vicarious trauma in therapists, perhaps indicating why even mental health providers have an affect-avoidance incentive to favor treatments that skirt the entering of the client's world.  "Objective" treatments may be easier on the therapist and on operationalizations, but I have experienced the development of an alliance as the most effective "mode" for treating clients.

-Chance

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Tim Henriques <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
awesome, thanks for sharing

Tim Henriques
Director, NPTI VA/MD/DC
703-531-0795
NPTI's Webpage

                Did you know I wrote a book about Powerlifting?

Refer a friend to NPTI and receive a FREE CEU Class of your choice (including TRX and KB) if they sign up

-----Original Message-----
From: Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]>
To: TOK-SOCIETY-L <[log in to unmask]EDU>
Sent: Tue, Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am
Subject: blog on suicidal behavior

Thought folks might be interested to see a blog I just posted on suicidal behavior:

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at: