Hi folks. I'm attaching a paper I published last year on "confirmation bias", including somewhat ironically in the scientific analysis of social science. There's a fair bit of "inside baseball" with respect to sociology, but the discussion and conclusions (pp. 164-8) get at the heart of my argument about confirmation bias and echo chambers - even within scientific communities. I suspect that anyone who has challenged the orthodoxy of one's discipline or professional associations (or in other institutional spheres) will appreciate at least some of what the attached study reveals. Have a great weekend, one and all! -Joe

Dr. Joseph H. Michalski

Acting Academic Dean/Associate Academic Dean

King’s University College at Western University

266 Epworth Avenue

London, Ontario, Canada  N6A 2M3

Tel: (519) 433-3491, ext. 4439

Fax: (519) 433-0353