Hi Jamie,

Welcome to the group!  Thank you for posting your outline, and I enjoyed
reading your observations and ideas.  The moral apex is a fascinating
concept.  I also perceive that we are in the process of shaping the
structure of what you labeled the "Singleton."  I also wonder at times if
this is its own self-delusion, and I am replacing, or upgrading, my
childhood Christian education with a technologically sophisticated messiah
figure.  The belief template and implications are similar: do right by
others or be cast out of heaven (the cloud) and into hell (social death).
Nevertheless, as you point out, the demand for a comprehensive historical
evaluation of right and wrong is deeply embedded within the structure of so
many people's justification systems that we seem to be moving in that
direction despite the fact that it probably not the most fun way to spend
immortality.

How would the singleton be different, in concept, than any other occupying
colonial force that we have seen throughout history?  Do you perceive that
the people in charge of designing these systems are intentional about this
difference or are they flying blind?  I am thinking of the pleas that
emerge from tech leaders every so often that call for increased government
regulation of the most invasive aspects of tech.

On my best days managing my experience of these times, I am hopeful
for the *long
peace* you mentioned.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.businessinsider.com_r-2Dmicrosoft-2Dseeks-2Dregulation-2Dof-2Dfacial-2Drecognition-2Dtechnology-2D2018-2D7-3Fr-3DUK-26IR-3DT&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=EmVAJVKF1rIWTH6BYxviZ0lZz25s-3earj46w30fZt4&s=4lplz04c4Rrr4xuaBhLr1evIh9ya2uIRP_s7geGpAME&e=

Peace,

-Chance