Or, perhaps this . . .

Brain plasticity: Shinobu Kitayama

Director of the University of Michigan Culture & Cognition lab whose research explores cultural differences and similarities in mental processes

The next important frontier in cultural neuroscience involves mechanisms by which structural properties of the brain (e.g., gray matter volume and anatomical connectivities) are plastically modified through active engagement in varying cultural contexts.

Since this plasticity is likely to be mediated by epigenetic pathways, it would also be crucial to know how these pathways might be up- or downregulated by culture. Given previous, mostly behavioral work on the East and West, it would be fascinating to connect all this back to specific cultural differences in the phenomenal self and all cognitive, emotional and motivational processes that constitute it.