Hi Mark,
 I may come back to the substance of your post regarding dimensions of behavioral complexity (tomorrow, if time permits), but before I sign off for the day, I did want to address your "PS" about being insulted by my version of reality comment. I did not intend to insult you or Jeff at all, only to frame our exchange. I describe "versions of reality" in a blog here: Your Version of Reality, and Mine<https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge/201504/your-version-reality-and-mine>. In this context, I consider the ToK to be a version of reality. It is a term that my friend and colleague Craig Shealy often uses, as he described in his contribution to the JH (Justifying the Justification Hypothesis)<https://www.gregghenriques.com/uploads/2/4/3/6/24368778/justifying_the_justification_hypothesis.pdf>. Many of us find it very helpful in the clinic room, as the blog explains.

  I will say that I did intend for it to be a bit of a "boundary framing," so your gut was indeed reacting to something.  I felt the need to make frame because there were some pronouncements being offered as if they were undisputed facts about the world and its future. For example, it was my experience of Jeff's email that he saying that if my ToK "pet project" was to go anywhere, then I should jettison the term "mind" because of the baggage that comes with it, and the suggestion was made that it should be replaced with "soul". To the extent that that was an accurate read, then I wanted to be clear that that was his interpretive frame about reality; hardly an articulation of reality as it is and must be to any "God-like" observer of truth.

  Those of us who are clinicians are particularly sensitive to the relational process / self-other dynamics in communication. So, no insult intended. But I did use it to send a message and give us a frame to orient around to ensure that we are on the same "self-other" page as we dialogue about we each think is going on in the world and what we think should do about it.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge

Check out my webpage at:
www.gregghenriques.com<http://www.gregghenriques.com>