Hi all,

I'm discussing my graphic novel/feminist analysis on pregnancy and miscarriage, The Pregnancy ≠ Childbearing Project: A Phenomenology of Miscarriage (Rowman & Littlefield International 2017) at Bluestockings Bookstore and Activist Center in NYC this Saturday! (www.bluestockings.com)

WHEN PREGNANCY DOES NOT LEAD TO A CHILD: A GRAPHIC NOVEL STORY

AUTHOR: JENNIFER SCURO

September 29, 2018 @ 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm

Women suffer the of loss of a pregnancy in a way that can never ‘be expected.’ More often than not, we are compelled to ‘move on.’ Despite all the unspoken labor and subjection, there is no child. The Pregnancy ≠ Childbearing Project is an effort to make suspicious and subvert the markers of pregnant embodiment in an effort to speak for what has remained ‘unspoken’ in the brute force of pregnancy loss.

I have a facebook page with the title of my book for posting and discussing issues relative to this book. Join me and/or spread the word!

Jennifer Scuro
Associate Professor of Philosophy
The College of New Rochelle, NY