Hi Mark and Jeff,

  Thought you might be interested to see this little clip on Jordan Peterson talking about the “spirit father”:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2h1ilrrrOg.

  I continue to work on the linkages between my conception of emergent dimensions of causality and the concept of formal cause. To the extent that they are linked, it means that there is no formal cause for entities at the material dimension (i.e., atoms, molecules, stars and planets), only for cells/organisms, animals and people (each of which respond to different kinds of “informational forms”).

  Does that jive with your/Aristotle’s conception of formal cause? Namely, that we can explain change in the material sciences via substance and kinetic causation, but we need formal cause to explain the behaviors of living entities.