Your “Robot” is your LEGO® MINDSTORMS® controller and all the Equipment you’ve combined with it by hand which is not intended to separate from it, except by hand.
Hello all,A follow up question to M04: does the entire robot has to cross the crater or a weight bearing arm can cross the tower and then come back with the robot? It was not clear.ThanksOn Tue, Sep 11, 2018, 9:00 PM VA-DC FLL Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Once your team has successfully completed a crossing for M04, then your Robot or other agent/craft may move anywhere else on the Field.How can you be sure?There are several "Scoring Requirement Signals" listed at the beginning of the Missions.M04 has two conditions marked with an asterisk (*) and in GREEN
and no conditions underlined
- Methods with an asterisk “✱” must be the ONLY ones used, and must be OBSERVED by the referee
- Within the Mission descriptions, specific scoring requirements are written in GREEN.
- Underlined RESULTS/CONDITIONS must be visible at the END of the matchSo, in order to score for M04 there are some METHODS that your team needs to use, but there's nothing that the referee has to look for at the end of the Match. So, once you've achieved M04 using the allowed methods, the mission will be scored as complete, no matter where the Robot or other Equipment ends up.Steve ScherrVirginia-DC FLL Referee AdvisorOn Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 8:39 PM Sreeram Venkataraman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Our team had a question on M04- Crater crossing.
The mission says,
- All weight-bearing features of the crossing equipment must cross
- completely between the towers.
- Crossing must be from east to west and make it completely past the flattened Gate.
My question whatever attachment we use "could be a weight-bearing" or something else to flatten the Gate, after it crosses the towers , does it need to stay on the other side, or can it come back along with the robot.