Hi List,
  I have had several conversations with folks lately about social forces, fostering connections, and creating visions that enhance mutual relational value. (Pretty much the opposite of the polarization and attacks that our political class reminds us of daily).

  Here are two articles from David Brooks that are in this vein and worth reading.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/opinion/feminism-gender-empathy-psychology.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/opinion/collective-impact-community-civic-architecture.html?rref=collection%2Fbyline%2Fdavid-brooks&action=click&contentCollection=undefined&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=collection