Nancy:

Thank you for your response.

You and I seem to see “science” very similarly.
Although, I do think there is also a lot of inductive reasoning in science research, as well.
The LHC comes to mind in this regard.

Your comments about consciousness are stimulating.
Here, as well, I agree that understanding our species’ “mind” necessitates not just the conscious mind but the pre- and unconscious portions thereof as well.

I wonder if you would care to expand your ideas about the mind, in particular the 4 “phases”.
Do you see these phases as sequential and exclusive?
That is, is only one phase operating at a particular moment - in those old enough to have more than one phase?
Do you see them as functioning is series or parallel?
And, what are the sorts of controlling factors?
I ask because I see all 4 phases as being available for access in terms of conscious operation.
And, that the earlier phases as being in operation continuously in the unconscious, and possibly in the pre-conscious.

In terms of the formal abstract “mind” or thinking, would you agree that such work is necessary to determine the substance of an analysis of mind and consciousness?
Out of such work one then may construct a “message” to be used to assist others to learn the insight gained.
Further, it would be necessary to construct the manner in which the “message” is applied in a manner which is conducive to the different ways in which people learn.
For instance, to be maximally effective with the largest number of people, one would use a method or methods conducive to dissemination in the digital world, as Mark calls it.
It seems wise to do so, at least to me.
The digital world may pose a diversity of problems for us, but we could utilize its capabilities.

Best regards,

Waldemar

Waldemar A Schmidt, PhD, MD
(Perseveret et Percipiunt)
503.631.8044

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. (A Einstein)