I would say "it is meaningful to have a  belief in what is 'true'," in he comtext of saying that animals also function by images, imagives appear as imagination, animals traveling as a group to a destination where there is food, water, have an an image of where they are going, and a belief they will get they. It is crucial to survival. Having images and beliefs is crucial to human survival -- even though sometimes a group belief leads to a dead end. It is in nature and an essential to human functioning to have beliefs, and meaningfull. When a new truth arrises and displaces the old truth, that is part of the process of culture. This view depends on the assertion that reality only exists in contexts, that there is no objective truth, object in the sense of existing without context. It is hubris to say one has the TRUTH, which scientist sometimes say (as in physical scientist claiming a corner on how science has to be performed.) Martin Johnson