Hi List,
  I wanted to introduce to you a new TOK Society list member, Brent Allsop. He contacted me after reading my blog on the top 10 problems of consciousness. He obtained his degree in computer science and has worked for a number of companies, like Hewlett Packard, Jet Blue and 3M. He founded this fascinating approach to knowledge/idea classification called "Canonizer.com" which surveys and categorizes ideas. He has applied it to consciousness and has demonstrated that there is a powerful core of consensus around the idea of "representational qualia" that is often overlooked in consciousness studies. We had a great conversation and thought the system might be helpful as this group explores theories of psychology and broader "Theories of Knowledge."

Brent, when you get a chance, can you share with the group a bit about your background and canonizer and how it works?

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge

Check out my webpage at:
www.gregghenriques.com<http://www.gregghenriques.com>