A fascinating article, John. Thanks for sharing. From my vantage point, this is very much about what drove me to start the Theory Of Knowledge Society and what I am working on with the ToK/Garden System—and even more so as I explore its connections and complementarity with Edward Kroger’s Philosophy of One Divide and approach to Emotional Warfare.

I think that together, or models advance a new way to conceive of the relationship between psychology and pragmatic philosophy. That is, they set the stage to complete what was lacking in the Enlightenment. The Enlightenment into modern science of the 20th Century allowed for a (relatively) consilient view of physics, chemistry and biology. (I know your first principles view offers a potentially revolutionary transformation in our understanding of physics to physiology, but let me put that aside for now).

What the Enlightenment did not accomplish was the solution to the problem of psychology. That is, there was no coherent, consilient bridge from biology to psychology. This is evident in the fact that, to this day, the only thing we psychologists have consensus on is the fact that there is no consensus on how to define the concept of psychology<https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201601/the-is-psychology-science-debate>. This, BTW, is why (or massive evidence for) the Enlightenment was profoundly incomplete.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of JOHN TORDAY
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 3:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Haiku and DNA

Dear TOKers, anyone interested in discussing this article?

https://www.berggruen.org/the-<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.berggruen.org_the-2D&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=jh80fo5E5WT-3XKDKJjW8PELw5wyXjxt34Ik8wxMljM&s=kKiNoEWrsU8tT54EX5xlXjmbz9utJBdyZe9vzdDecZc&e=>worldpost/articles/weekend-roundup-when-the-haiku-meets-the-double-helix/?fbclid=IwAR0iMaGvfpOJS9fBcs3cSrRmMYdbVmPghxD5Esa3fTiksvUoy4ERMkq6IMM