Hi Mark,

We at canonizer.com are using and defining canonize in a new way, or giving it a new, or additional definition.

Where as the traditional meaning is based on a hierarchy or “ecclesiastical definition” our meaning is simply crowd sourced or built by consensus.  Instead of top down, it is bottom up.  Instead of dictated from above, it is self-organized, bottom up.

Where the traditional usage is based on tradition, our usage is dynamic, and always changing.  It is a measure of the state of the art of a standard scientific consensus, theory, and belief.

It is simply what the participants build consensus around what they want, and the current state of the art of the best terminology we chose to use.

At canonizer.com, to “canonize” something, is to find out, concisely and quantitatively, what everyone truly wants or believes.  Then once that is known, to get it all, for everyone.