Nicoló:

Thanks for this note. The relationship between the natural sciences (physics, chemistry, and biology) and the human/social sciences (sociology, anthropology, economics, & political science) and the humanities (literature, the arts) and, as you well know, the more recent “philosophy of design” view is absolutely central to our endeavor. The hope is that, with its novel approach to the problem of psychology, ToK System can resolves many of the issues that have tripped us up in the past (see, e.g., The Problem of Psychology and the Integration of Human Knowledge: Contrasting Wilson’s Consilience with the Tree of Knowledge System<https://www.gregghenriques.com/uploads/2/4/3/6/24368778/henriques_ppihk__1_.pdf>).

I look forward to hearing your contributions about the concept/philosophy of design and the professional practice of psychology.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Waldemar Schmidt
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Age of Clarity

Nicoló:

I am looking forward to meeting you.
I hope to hear more about the “naturalistic turn.”
Travel safely.

Best regards,

Waldemar

Waldemar A Schmidt, PhD, MD
(Perseveret et Percipiunt)
503.631.8044

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. (A Einstein)

On Mar 30, 2019, at 7:05 AM, Nicoló Gaj <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Dear all,
it sounds promising, as knowledge becomes more and more specialized and we risks to loose the big picture and the connected nature of human and natural events.
I think the blog is particularly important in that opens up the possibility to challenge the "naturalistic turn" social and human sciences seem to have endorsed, in the hope to be as credible as the natural sciences. We need a frame to ground the autonomy of human sciences.

I'm really looking forward to see some of you in Harrisonburg!

Bye,

Nicolò