Correct!
However considering human beings as tribal creatures where Civilization is
the project of "becoming more adult than adult" and seeing "trading with
the stranger" as superior to "killing the stranger" due to civilizational
abundance rather than lack is a formidable foundation for ethics. The
Zoroastrians have practiced such an intertribal ethics for 3,700 years
(without moralism or commandments) and it is a worldview we can learn
tremendously from.
So how do you differentiate between Darwinian evolution and cellular
evolution? Maybe most important here is your definition of the stance of
your opponents.
Best intentions
Alexander