Colleagues,

I n reflecting on where  we are at this juncture in our development as a group, especially with regard to the our thinking about the critical "Fifth Dimension" of ToK, I thought that this OpEd piece by David Books from today's NYT makes a very nice gesture in that direction. I think if we are to be able to address questions of Human Dignity as a normative issue, we must be able to articulate what counts for us as authentic transcendence (which has nothing to do with other-worldliness) and fulfillment, as well as the significance of human vulnerability and suffering in relationship to it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/06/opinion/sunday/moral-revolution-david-brooks.html

All good wishes,

Frank

Francis J. Ambrosio, PhD
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Senior Fellow, Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship
Georgetown University
202-687-7441