Hi List,

 Below is a link to an essay on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy that folks might find to be of value:

https://aeon.co/essays/how-to-live-a-values-driven-life-in-the-face-of-dark-emotions

  ACT (said as the word) is one of the major “third wave” forms of cognitive and behavior therapies. It emphasizes mindful awareness of one’s emotions and how to remain committed toward one’s goals and valued states of being. CALM MO, the integrated approach to psychological mindfulness that is the 8th branch of the UTUA framework overlaps significantly with the basic ACT principles.

On another note, the TOK miniconference was a success and many interesting ideas were exchanged. I will be sharing some updates soon.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge