Hi List,

  I am in the midst of crafting a two part “self-help type” blog series on what to do if you are depressed. Attached is the first installment, which involves 10 steps that help people understand depression, the kind of depression they are dealing with, their overall well being and how, with this map, they might be able to then set the stage for taking adaptive action. That will be the Part II, where I will explore adaptive v. maladaptive habits and lifestyles, emotions and emotional functioning, relationships, coping and identity patterns.

I will likely post the series next Wed, so if you read it and have thoughts, I welcome that. I am working on Part II now.