Harm? Wounding? Injury?

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 11:48 AM Brent Allsop <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi John,

“Perhaps is it blood?” for which “red” is a label for.

You’re still not picking up on how this is sloppy thinking and sloppy definitions about physical qualities.  Wouldn’t it be more accurate to state that red is a label for any physical surface that reflects, or emits “red” light?  And, again, if you engineered a red green signal inverter in the retina, now your knowledge of the blood (or anything that reflects or emits red light) has a greenness quality.  So, does this not prove that it isn’t ‘blood’ that has a physically causal redness (or greenness) quality?

So, if “red” is a label for any physical surface that reflects or emits “red” light, which physical quality is “redness” a label for?

Brent