Dear Peter

I agree. Strongly. But why even pretend that determinism has a case any longer? Why not go straight to the point and cut the chase and ask in what way determinism predicted the big bang itself?
Now, if the big bang is an emergence proper, as the birth of physics itself, we can then rethink history as emergences that create their own vectors. This means there is fundamentally no difference between parallel universes and the development of physics and later chemistry and later biology and later mind and later culture. They are all vectors of emergences in a fundamentally indeterminist metaverse.
Actually a human life can then be seen as vector of an emergence called birth itself. Now that's what I call an emergence theory worthy of proper complexity science.
The question is rather whether indeterminism is the appropriate term? Perhaps syndeterminism is even better? Especially since we do not even need chance or dices then either.

Best intentions
Alexander