Hi ToK folks!

Recently I shared this blog post with Gregg which explores a psychology of Christianity. I decided to share it here with our group and welcome your feedback on what you make of it.

https://medium.com/@daniellewis_25907/a-psychology-of-christianity-c3b2733e50f8

The topics are pretty wide-ranging. Gregg brought up Peterson and Harris’ discussions about science and religion as relevant. I’m also interested in exploring how my outline relates with Gregg’s ToK system. Plus whatever else you’d like to add to the mix!

For a bit of context, I’ve had a big interest in exploring relationships between psychology, spirituality, and religion (mostly Christianity based on my background) for a few years now, and this blog represents a culmination of some of my reflections. I also share Ken Wilber’s concern with how our major paradigms of knowledge from premodern religion, modern science, and postmodern pluralism are often fragmented, and Wilber’s interest in seeking more successful integrations of our intellectual heritage so to speak. Which is partly what frames this for me and motivates me to explore a psychology of Christianity.

Let me know what you think. Looking forward to your feedback!

Dan