Hi Lists,

  I recommend you check out the following videos from the interesting site, Rebel Wisdom. The first is by Robert Kegan, which is on the development of the self, especially that occurs at adolescence and beyond. He also offers some interesting thoughts about a “value hierarchy” of ego functioning; that is, he reflects thoughtfully on when we can say someone is operating at a “higher” or “better” level. (Dr. Kegan is a well-known self/ego developmentalist whose work was influential for me in the late 1990s, although I realize I don’t cite him much):

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0geKLtflvlc3AwAsbxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=rebel+wisdom&fr=mcafee#id=1&vid=8401a84072ddad45db39f2303ecbc4e3&action=view

  The second is by the cognitive scientist and philosopher John Vervaeke. He speaks about the meaning crisis and the need for an integrative, interdisciplinary view that pulls together science and the wisdom traditions and attempts to develop a more holistic picture of the universe and our place in it. (I am just learning about Dr. Vervaeke and I very much look forward to learning more).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RFSgjnqAQ&t=1029s

Both describe visions that are very congruent with a ToK/UTUA System view of reality. It would be fun to share with them the various pieces of the puzzle that the unified system adds to the equation.