From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jamie Dunbaugh
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2019 10:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Origin of Gender Role Post

I'm a tiny bit confused by the diagram, Gregg.

Is it meant to be 3D, with 8 sections (autonomous =back, and dependent=front) , and the freedom axis neutral with regard to relational value?
And also, the two top right sections (dominant/affiliative/autonomous(back) vs dominant/affiliative/dependent(front)) equally high relational value?

Or is the freedom axis supposed to be some mix of the power and love dimensions?

Otherwise, in general, it does make some distance describing the social emotions. I wonder how it would apply to why men shouldn't be "nice guys" .

... And while I'm on that subject, I would like to ask something I've been struggling with:

I get why being nice can be understood as fake and passive aggressive, and why some might be justified in regarding a nice guy as actually not that nice. But in my experience, I was simply raised, after being adopted, to put others first, by an abusive step mother (you might imagine where that puts me today) . I was Harry Potter.
So when I hit my 20's and found hostility from female coworkers, I was totally confused. This happened in more than one workplace, where a certain alpha female would project and demonize me, without ever directly explaining her problem.

Even today, in my 30's, I haven't resolved the ethics of it. I've simply become more direct, and very careful communicator, constantly walking on eggshells. And I've come to expect people (especially women) to project things on me that aren't true, like they're afraid of me because I'm honest, and they're trying to deny my honesty.