Shelley
I'm sure you're aware that Gender Studies is really under fire in the more
fascist Eur countries.  For example, Hungary's government abolished GS
programs in the whole country.
The CEU (which the Hungarian gov. also forced out) restarted its programs
in Vienna as of this month. It has a great Gender Studies program. Unless
their practices have changed very recently, they fully support all their
phd students.

(CEU=Central European Univ. Their courses are in Engl. I hope they are
secure in Austria. It was really a tragedy for Hungary that they had to
leave. Since they have Soros's funding, they aren't in serious danger of
going broke.)

The bigger implication is for your student to check out carefully the
political climate in the countries w/ currently interesting programs.

Looking forward to seeing lots of you at FEAST!
Ann

--

*Ann Garry*

*https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.calstatela.edu_faculty_ann-2Dgarry&d=DwIBaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HUp8-bkYMlNgd3ZJBxWBKsBsFAFGHrEZg21p9gxugJA&m=BRC2UDI_s8HUCwMdkgiII_5vTLfonrpzzSUKLNGHXdY&s=6j5f8fKJyMUBS4uM_bmSTs0b_4QXLcG2GdIE-YSv2XM&e=