Dear Colleagues,

Welcome to the new STS Pedagogies listserv. We hope that this listserv will support a community of scholars, teachers, and practitioners invested in STS and pedagogy across a variety of institutional, disciplinary, and geographic contexts. Please post messages here related to STS and pedagogy, including but not limited to: inquiries, announcements, events, tools and strategies. We hope you will actively engage this listserv. To post to the list, send an email to [log in to unmask].

We would especially like to encourage you to take advantage of the STS Infrastructures platform as a space to share artifacts, essays, publications, etc., and to interact with each other through collaboration and annotation. This platform supports new ways to engage in collaborative ethnography and research, archive STS work, and facilitate STS community formation. If you do not have an account, you can go here to register an account.

STS Pedagogies Group on the STS Infrastructures (PECE) Platform

Once you have an account, please go here to join the new STS Pedagogies group by clicking on Request Group Membership.

If you click on the Essays tab, you can see that we started a few essays, mostly as placeholders at this point. If you go to The STS Pedagogies Network essay you can learn more in the About section and in the Call to Collaborate. You will also find a helpful user guide by clicking in the lower left Need Help With PECE? link. There are many groups and essays on the site that you can browse through to get an idea of how others are using the platform. You can also check out our 4S Innovating STS Exhibit on the platform, “The STS Futures Lab at the Intersection of Research and Pedagogy” to see how we created nested levels of artifacts and essays.

Once you create essays, you can make them visible to the STS Pedagogies group, which is a public group. This will make it possible to go to the group and view all of the essays associated with it. Feel free to post an announcement to the Listserv with a link to your essay.

Finally, we are not experts on either the PECE platform or on Listserv management, but if you are having an issue with either please feel free to contact Emily York: [log in to unmask].

We look forward to learning more from all of you and supporting work in STS pedagogies together.

All the best,

Emily York & Shannon N. Conley

____________________________

Emily York, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

School of Integrated Sciences

James Madison University

702 Carrier Drive MSC 4302

Harrisonburg, VA 22807

Office: EnGeo 2133

Email: [log in to unmask]

Co-director, STS Futures Lab

Associate Editor, Engineering Studies

https:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

To unsubscribe from the STS-PEDAGOGIES-L list, click the following link:
http://listserv.jmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STS-PEDAGOGIES-L&A=1