@ All,

There are models that try and resolve the split between psychology and behaviorism by contextualizing them in a larger scope. Three examples:

Ken Wilber has a perspectival quadrant model about interior/exterior over individual/collective, where behaviorism leans towards exterior observation and psychology leans more towards interior observation.

Michael Commons has a model called three ways of knowing where he divides it into analytical (no path of detection), phenomenological (one path of detection) and empirical (two or more paths of detection). For Commons, mathematics is analytic, psychology is phenomenological, and behaviorism is empirical.

Soren Briar has a semiotic model that divides sense making into those that emphasize physical, life, mind, and social, like Gregg’s, but the difference in that it contextualizes it with information theory. Here, behaviorism emphasizes the physical and life classes, and psychology emphasizes the mind and social classes, and both interprets the other from their respective semiotic systems.

Cory