Dear TOKers:

In the previous email I suggested that connectomics might be important in providing further understanding of how the embodied emergence of consciousness concept (Mascolo & Kallio) plays a role in brain/mind function vis-à-vis PCT (perceptual control theory) as a “coordinating” factor.

Attached is a paper proposing how connectomes might play a role in brain/mind operations in psychopathology.
IMportantly, how we use our mind/brain influences the connectomes and these are important to the function of the mind/brain we have available for  use.
Plausibly, this would apply to both those instances of a “broken brain” (ie, mental disease of demonstrated etiology) and the more frequently encountered “disorders” of mind/brain function produced by otherwise “intact” brains (ie, mental disorders or the various neuroses).

Our ability to alter connectomes as a result of brain/mind use and/or injury/disease (ie, plasticity) is important in terms of consequent psychopathologic behavior.
The Mascolo/Kallio concept clearly notes that the emergent consciousness interacts to bring multiple psychological functions in the generation of behavior.
No surprise then that the resultant output is dimensional rather than categorical - for both normative and psychopathologic behaviors - whether or not a “broken brain” is involved.

In roundabout way, one might reasonably conclude that such connections play a role in how the mind/brain functions which  produce normative behavior.

Best regards,

Waldemar