Yes, I saw this, and I completely agree.  But this article is just talking
about abstract “digital” communication.  With that, we won’t be able to
directly experience what another mind is experiencing.  The best we will be
able to do is interpret the “digital” information into duplicated physical
qualities we can be directly aware of – then give us conscious access to
that with some computational binding via another corpus callosum.

Whereas, if you had a neuro ponytail that could do computational binding
between brains, like is portrayed in Avatar
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DX0mAKz7eLRc&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=qEP1v0m62FrnZlzKMX-a0mow06Mcm2iD8Uvh9hdgPGg&s=p0rpwC7KHq2Amw1qDlgMCkg38dr_2jnEHy6bUy7noSc&e=> you could be directly aware
of things outside your head.  This would enable you to feel what your
partner is feeling, directly, just as directly as the corpus callosum
enables the left hemisphere of your brain to be aware of the knowledge
being representing in the right hemisphere.  When you are facing each
other, together, you could both see what is in front, and behind you,
through the other’s eyes, all integrated into one single truly "surround
sight" phenomenal knowledge you could both be directly aware of.

And has anyone notice that such a neural ponytail, if achieved, could
finally falsify (or verify?) skeptical theories like idealism and
solipsism.  Just like our left hemisphere knows, undeniably, that the
knowledge in the right hemisphere exists.