Yes, I saw that.  Nice piece.  But I think you are focusing on trivial things compared to the significance of consciousness simply being “Computationally bound elemental physical qualities like redness and greenness in our brain”, the fact that things have both a color (what color of light they reflect or emet) and a colorless.  (like redness we can directly experience).  Not only do we need to find out what redness is, we need to understand how it can be computationally bound with other elemental physical qualities to render and expand accessible conscious knowledge.

Consciousness isn’t a “hard mind body problem”  It’s an approachable color problem.  Color is only abstract, and tells us nothing of the actual physical qualities of reality.  It’s all about colorness.  What is it, that has the redness quality?  How do we get experimentalist to use more than one word for all things ‘red’, so we can finally distinguish between the colors of the target of perception and the colerness of our knowledge of the same.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 9:17 AM Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Brent,

  Did you see my blog on the Two Hard Problems? It caught a bit of a viral wave, at least for my work, and popped up to almost 50,000 hits in a week. Given your interest, it might be of some value for you.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Brent Allsop
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "Digital" forms of communication

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:22 PM Lene Rachel Andersen - Nordic Bildung / Fremvirke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Why on earth would you want to feel what your partner is feeling? And why would you want your partner - or anybody else for that matter - to feel what you are feeling?

And why would anybody trust these systems to not be hacked and manipulating?

What?   You focus on this instead of all the glorious things this kind of stuff will enable?  Controlling and limiting this stuff, or how much you do and don’t share will surely be the easy part.  All that will surely be trivial compared to actually doing it.  Amish people may not want to do this, but most will want to, especially younger people.  Before anyone would want to do it, you’d want to be sure you could easily understand and control exactly what you do and don’t share.  To say nothing of any brain health concerns.  Some people will want to do it, even if only for science, to do things like finally falsify (or verify) solipsism.  People will want to better understand their spouses, and all that.  I sure want to do this!!!  And I want to be able to find out what shit smells like to my Wife's dog...  We’ll need to do stuff like this, for science, to help discover what it is that has a redness quality, and all that, so we can finally know what colorness things, at least in our brains, have.  All that is required to bridge the ‘explanatory gap’ and so on.

And of course, the knowledge of our spirit  (unlike knowledge of our body which references or models something in reality, our spirit does not) will be able to finally escape from the mortal prison walls that are our skull.  We’ll finally bridge the explanatory gap and pierce the “veil of perception” and all that by being in two bodies at the same time.  That’s what uploading, and traveling to multiple other bodies and avatars (when the old ones are wearing out/outdated, only have 3 primary colors…) will be like.  In 50 years the world is going to be a VERY different place.  People's knowledge of their spirits (and all their memories) living forever by moving to multiple new bodies, will only be the start.

The singularity is near.

Brent Allsop