Fra: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> på vegne af Cory David Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Sendt: Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:25:33 PM
Til: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Emne: Re: podcast with Andrew Yang

@ Alexander E.

Maybe by thinking about it differently, you will discover some things we never thought of before? I will give some clarities though -

Cross-paradigmatic actions can also do things like combining biology and informatics into bioinformatics, and combing neurology and psychology into neuropsychology. Cross-paradigmatic actions can be relativistic sometimes, yes. But relativism is the step after multiple points of view are accepted, but before one figures out how to reconcile them.

Personally I don’t think about MHC stages in terms of dumb and smart. Like I alluded to in my previous response, I think of them as different ways of thinking and doing that are good for different purposes.

Some references for statistics:

Commons, M. L., Goodheart, E. A., Pekker, A., Dawson-Tunik, T. L., Cyr, E., & Rodriguez, J. A. (2005). The relationship between orders of hierarchical complexity and Rasch scaled stage scores: Balance beam, laundry, and counselor-patient task sequences. Journal of Applied Measurement, 10(2), 1-11.

Cook-Greuter, S. (2013). Nine levels of increasing embrace in ego development: A full-spectrum theory of vertical growth and meaning making. (unpublished manuscript)

Kegan, R., & Lahey, L. L. (2009). Immunity to change: How to overcome it and unlock the potential in yourself and your organization. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.

Torbert, W. R., & Associates (2004). Action inquiry: The secret of timely and transforming leadership. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers.

Cory