I’ve long wondered if the mirror stage isn't more the realization of mirror than the realization of "me.” The discovery of the impossibility of going through the looking glass. Mirrors are also a fairly recent creation, which was all too frustrating for Narcissus.

The defining of self is seeming much more evasive than the discovery of self, wherein us looking back at us looking back is accompanied with so much luggage.
Peter

Peter Lloyd Jones
562-209-4080

Sent by determined causes that no amount of will is able to thwart.